CONGDE supports the NGO affected by unpaid of regional and local Governments
This situation is serious and the consequences are as follow:
- To stop projects of development on Health (specially primary and reproductive), Education, work training, accommodation, cleaning up, drinking water, food security, sectors directly related to the achieve of the Objectives of Development of the Millennium.
- To delete social organizations that are allied with Spanish ONGD in the poorest countries because of the impossibility of keeping the minimum structure of management in the projects that are developing as a whole.
- To stop actions for a society with their own judgments and commitments in their towns and cities through the Education for Development.
- The region of Valencia has a debt of more than 10 million Euros since 2011
- Castilla La Mancha has a debt of more than 8 million of Euros since 2010
- Catalunya has a debt of more than 8 million Euros.
- Andalusia has a debt of 38 million Euros.
City Council and Deputies
- City council of Calatayud does not recognize the debt with the old Government and they deny paying the subvention of 2010.
- City council Villa de Ingenio (Gran Canaria) has pending payment in 2008 and 2009.
- City council of Miranda de Ebro has debts in 2009 and 2010.
- Deputy of Valladolid - in 2006 and 2007.
- Deputy of Ávila -of 2007 and 2008.
The non-payments join with the brutal cut of the budgets for cooperation of the autonomous and local governments in 2012, continuing the free fall and being the fourth consecutive year of decrease. According to official numbers, the major decrease of the ODA of the Autonomous Communities has been from 2011 to 2012, going from 451 to 271 million Euros, which supposes a cut of 180 million and means a fall of 39 % with regard to 2011.
The Autonomous Regions have suffered more cuts with regard to 2011 such as Valencia (-65%), Canarias (-89%), Andalusia (-20%), Baleares and Catalunya (-20%). Castilla La Mancha needs to take its situation into special consideration today after the advertisement of the president: nobody know if it will have some help of cooperation to development.
The only Autonomous Regions that from 2011 to 2012 his ODA's budget has not been cut away are Estremadura and País Vasco, keeping his commitment stable. This data demonstrates that when there is a political intention, the international solidarity with the countries and the most disadvantaged person remains.
Likewise, the ODA of the City Council and Deputations has descended from 2011 to 2012, going from 148 to 95 million Euros, which supposes a cut of 53 million and represents a decrease of 36% in relation to 2011.
The ONGD denounce that they are suffering a double cut and the involved governments ignore systematically. The consequences for millions of people are irreversible.